Thursday, July 29, 2010

Reflections of God's blessings...



It is approximately 1:20am and I am still up. Every once in a while, God keeps me up in the wee hours of the morning in order for me to reflect on the things in life that are most important and then thank him for it. While thinking, I thought it would only be fitting to expose my thoughts to the world. Often times, we get so caught up in asking God for everything we want and need but forget to thank him for what he has already done and what he will do!

As I reflect on my personal life's history, I completely understand that every misfortune, set back, and failure was just God's way of taking a personal interest in how I turned out. God intended to use me for his service way back then, even when I didn't understand it, even when I ran from it, he was shaping and molding me for the future triumphs and future failures; both of which would bring him glory. By no means is this a declaration that I have arrived at his intended destination of moral aptitude, this is however a declaration that I finally understand that I am his instrument, his chosen man of God.

While I am on this road of reflection, it is only befitting that I take the time to thank the Savior. God I thank you for navigating my paths. God I thank you for allowing me to escape prison. God I thank you for allowing me to escape death. God I thank you for keeping my family safe. God I thank you for allowing me to cross paths with some of the most talented and wonderful people in this world. God I thank you for counting me worthy to preach your word. God I thank you for navigating me from Texas to Oklahoma. Thank you for the ministry, life and training of Minister Warren Blakney. Thank you for allowing me to cross paths with the most beautifully talented, dependable woman whom I soon pray I may call my wife... Ms. Shawna Lynch! Help me to be the husband as Christ is to his bride. Help her to be the wife as you have authorized in your word!

Thank you God...
In Jesus Name....

No comments:

Post a Comment